Wednesday, March 11, 2015

parmesan crusted pork cutlets

My kids love breaded chicken.  I usually pan fry them up, but I wanted to try a lighter version.  When I looked in my freezer, I realized that I did not have any chicken!  But I did have plenty of pork cutlets.  I figured they would do in a pinch.  I was so happy with the results, they were so yummy!! This recipe was my inspiration.  parmesan chicken cutlets

Parmesan Crusted Pork Cutlets
Serves 6
6 WW Points Plus

1 1/2 lbs lean pork loin thinly cut (6 pieces)
1/2 c grated parmesan
1/2 c italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 egg whites
       *wisked until bubbly

Preheat oven to 400*.  Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray (preferably canola or olive oil).

Combine parmesan, bread crumbs, and seasonings together in a wide bowl.  Toss pork cutlets into the mixture until lightly covered.

Lightly coat the breaded cutlets in the wisked egg whites.

Coat the cutlets one last time in the bread crumb mixture.  Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray tops with cooking spray.

Bake 20-25 mins turning the pork cutlets over half way thru the cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment